- Gateways School in Harewood announces its support for the Teenage Cancer Trust
- Gateways School Year 5 student is well on her way to qualifying for this year’s Dublin Horse Show
- Gateways School’s Year 11 students’ admirable achievements at this year’s LEAP Awards Ceremony
- Gateways School students are ball girls at Yorkshire Jets v Loughborough Lightning netball match
- Holiday Club updates
- Gateways School hosts a ‘supercrafting’ workshop for mums and tots
- Gateways School hosts a body confidence and self-esteem workshop for High School students
- Gateways School’s home visits for children moving into Reception year
- New Catering Provision Launched
- Gateways School in Harewood holds Individual Music Competition
Scholarships, Bursaries & Fees
Live Site Search
School Fee Plan
The easy way to pay independent school fees
School Fee Plan (SFP) is the market-leading provider of school fee finance in the UK.
For more information about how to apply please find our link at
The following fees are applicable from September 2013:
The Gatehouse Nursery (2-3 years)
Extended Day £43.00
Pre-Reception (3-4 years)
Based on 5 school days
Per annun £6,840
Per term £2,280
Per month (x10 months) £684
Extended days per term £2,850
Children attending Gateways School are eligible to receive the Nursery Education Grant. The first 15 hours of Early Years Foundation Stage education are delivered completely free of charge. The balance of fees payable for the term is due entirely in respect of the additional hours your child attends school. We offer full time attendance, a minimum of three full days or five mornings. We will do our best to accommodate the days of your choice.
Reception/Transition/Lower 1 (Yrs 1-2) (4-7 years)
- Per annum £7,140
- Per term £2,380
- Per month (x10 months) £714
Upper 1 to Lower 3 (Yrs 3-6) (7-11 years)
- Per annum £8,775
- Per term £2,925
- Per month (x10 months) £877.50
High School (Yrs 7-11) (11-16 years)
- Per annum £11,385
- Per term £3,795
- Per month (x10 months) £1,138.50
Sixth Form (Yrs 12-13) (16-18 years)
- Per annum £11,385
- Per term £3,795
- Per month £1,138.50
All fees are reviewed annually.
A full term’s notice is required to remove a pupil from school. This must be given, in writing, to the Headmistress.
Immediately on acceptance of an offer of a place, a commitment fee of £200 is payable. This is refunded at the end of the pupil’s time at the school.
For members of one family attending Gateways at the same time, there is a reduction of 5% in fees for the second child, 10% for the third and 15% for the fourth and subsequent children.
Payment of fees
All school fees must be paid on or before the first day of each term, unless payment is made in instalments through SFP, which collects annual fees over 10 months. A discount of 3% per annum is available for fees paid annually in advance.
The school cannot refund fees if a pupil is absent from school by reason of sickness, accident or quarantine. For a small termly premium parents may insure against absence by participating in the Schools Fees Remission Scheme. Proposal forms for this scheme are forwarded to the parents of all new pupils.
In the Prep School, milk is available at the mid-morning break for which a charge of £12.25 per term is made.
Lunches are charged as follows per term:
High School £240
Sixth Form £240
Books and materials
All exercise books and most text books are provided by the school. Provision is made for Art, but materials for the more elaborate forms of textiles may be charged on the term account. This is also sometimes the case for Design Technology, when ceramics may sometimes be charged to the term account.
Fees for instrumental tuition, drama and dance
- Instrumental tuition: £16 per lesson (invoiced directly by the teacher)
- Dance (group): £42 per term (invoiced by the school)
- Drama (20 group sessions, spread over three terms):
- High School – £86 (Upper 3); £92 (Lower 4 upwards)
- Prep School – £68 (Lower 1 to Lower 3)
Swimming in the Prep School is also charged on the term’s account at £8.50 per session.
Public examination fees
Public examination fees are levied against the school and will be added to each pupil’s account for the term in which the examination takes place.
Before and after school care
Attendance at ‘Earlybirds’ is charged per half hour. Breakfast costs £2.75. ‘Sundowners’, after school care for Prep School pupils, is charged per half hour. High School girls may attend ‘Homework Club’ in the library free of charge.
Old Gatewegians Association
A charge of £3.50 per term (High School) or £3.00 per term (Prep School) is levied as subscription to the Old Gatewegians Association.
Web Design Leeds